Geekz, Inc. is based in Roselle, Illinois. We provide on-site and remote tech support services to small businesses in the greater Chicago area, including downtown Chicago and primarily the northwest suburbs, including Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Elgin, Wheaton, Elmhurst, O'Hare, and the surrounding towns.**
Is your PC acting flaky or making strange noises? Do you go get a cup of coffee while waiting for it to boot up or shut down? Are you running out of disk space? Are you tired of popups? We can help you with:
- new PC setup, including transferring data and settings from old PC, hooking up to network, printers, file shares
- hardware diagnostics and repair
- hardware upgrades, such as adding memory, adding a DVD burner, upgrading a video card and adding a second monitor, adding wireless support
- support for all versions of Windows (95, 98, NT, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- spyware/virus removal, with free anti-virus program (for residential customers only)
- "slow PC" diagnosis and cleanup, with upgrade recommendations
- PC "wipe clean" - data removal and reinstallation to "out of box" state
- data backups (and we'll show you how to do it) or you can go to our Geekz Backup Solutions site where you can select a cloud service from our well-renowned partner Carbonite® to meet your needs and get started today!
Are you running old versions of software? Are you wondering how you could be more productive? Do you have people who need specific applications and those who should have restricted access? Maybe you just aren't sure how to use the software you have. We can help you with:
- installation, upgrades, support, templates and customizations for Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, Visio, OneNote, Publisher)
- installation, upgrades, customization, and end-user support for Quickbooks
- user profiles and security
- mobile support (e-mail, calendar, contacts, tasks synchronization)
- SharePoint intranet, document management system
- tailored how-to cheat sheets, user training
- setup, support, troubleshooting for web-based e-mail or Outlook
Have you added another PC or laptop and now want to share your internet connection? Do you need to have remote access to your office so you can work from home productively? Are you worried that someone is piggybacking on your wireless? We can help you:
- set up network at office or home, network administration
- install and configure routers, firewalls
- set up wired/wireless networks including security encryption
- enable file and printer sharing
- set up for static or dynamic IPs
- configure ports for remote access, virtual private network (VPN)
Do you have someone maintaining your server? Are you thinking about getting a server? Do you want to make sure it is secure? Are you sure it is being backed up? We can help you:
- support Windows SBS, Windows Server (Standard), Exchange Server, Terminal Server
- create & maintain user accounts, password policies, roaming profiles
- set up security policies and access restrictions
- set up data backups, monitoring
- audit your disaster recovery planning and recommendations
- install RAID configurations, mirroring
- set up remote access to e-mail, files, applications (RDC, VPN, OWA)
- share printers, faxes, modems
- work towards achieving your paperless office goal
If you are looking for a cloud backup option, you can go to our Geekz Backup Solutions site where you can select a cloud service from our well-renowned partner Carbonite® to meet your needs and get started today, or call us to help you select the right package and set it up for you.
Do you have an online presence? Do you want a customized domain to use for your e-mail address? Are you thinking of hosting your own e-mail or web site? Have you considered online software or backups? We can help you:
- register a custom domain name (mydomain.com), or transfer to another registrar
- set up web site hosting and maintain your existing web site
- register with the major search engines and optimize your pages for SEO ranking
- set up a dynamic DNS service
- set up POP3 or IMAP e-mail accounts, e-mail forwarding
- host your own e-mail on Exchange and set up a backup mail spooling service
- set up online file storage, backup solutions
- design a new web site to fit your needs and budget
- branding your product or service, including logo design
Are you the DIY type? Go to our Geekz Web Services site where you can get what you need from our extensive selection of offerings to get started on your own today!
Are you using your Office applications to their fullest potential? Do you have paper forms you'd like to be electronic? Do you need reports to view your data? Do you wish you could have more streamlined data entry in Quickbooks? Would you like to eliminate duplicate sets of data across applications and platforms? We can help you:
- develop Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint templates for a uniform look
- customize your Office applications to reduce mouse clicks and repetitive typing
- set up Outlook rules for managing your inbox
- set up mail merge functions for documents, letters, labels, envelopes
- customize invoices, data entry forms, reports, and more in Quickbooks, or create a new custom front-end for Quickbooks
- create Visio templates or custom stencils for your diagrams or plans
- integrate your applications to avoid data entry duplication or enable better work flow
- develop a custom application to provide additional functionality not available through off-the-shelf software
All standard service visits are billable in 15 minute increments, minimum 1 hour, unless otherwise noted. Off hours and emergency service is available. Higher rates and minimum charges may apply.
We also offer phone support and remote support, where we connect to your PC or server right over the internet.
Our pick-up/drop-off service allows us to work on your computer at our facility. It may take longer to fix and return, but it is usually cheaper. We have all the tools and resources we need at our facility (avoiding a possible 2nd on-site visit), and since we can multi-task, we won't bill for the elapsed time it takes, but just the time we were actively working on it. If we are doing it on-site, we will charge for the actual time on site. A nominal travel charge may apply for this service if we pick-up and drop-off for you.
Please read our Service Terms & Conditions before requesting any of our services.
Note that Geekz is a service provider only. We do not sell hardware or retail software. We offer procurement assistance, and in some cases, may purchase on your behalf for at-cost reimbursement. Find out more about our procurement policies.
** We will consider accepting jobs outside this area. See our coverage map for more details.